It shouldn’t surprise anyone that mobile marketing will become even more vital as the number of people who own smartphones is supposed to hit 2 billion in 2016. Looking around it’s hard not to notice the majority of people walking around, sitting down, eating etc. while looking at their smartphone. According to Salesforce, 71% of marketers believe that mobile marketing is core to their business. It gives us instant access to everything we want, whenever we want it. Any website or content that is not optimized for mobile will be ineffective as users navigate away from it, annoyed that they couldn’t view it properly when they wanted to. These negative experiences are held onto by users and create negative brand associations.
With Google’s announcement that their algorithm will phase out all sites not optimized for mobile (Mobilegeddon), there has already been a rush to get on board the mobile marketing trend. Something to keep in mind though, Google doesn’t care if your site is optimized for desktops as well. They seem to be throwing their support behind mobile and no one is going to slow them down.
This avenue of marketing is becoming so powerful that 58% of companies have a dedicated mobile marketing team. This leads us to the trend that by 2019, mobile advertising will represent 72% of ALL US digital and ad spending. Don’t get left behind, start focusing on mobile NOW.
Time is money and needing to actually be present to post or share everything your company wants to share can be unrealistic. Being able to automate several, if not all of your channels, will free your team up to concentrate on creating killer content and responding to your audience.
The key to personalization, data. There is no stressing this enough. The data we have that can provide us with key insights into our audiences keeps increasing. This is especially true if you are using automation. Marketers are no longer bound by mass marketing that can feel pushy and irrelevant to their audiences. Using social media and other platforms you can provide two key elements to build relationships with your audience: transparency and access.
Your customers want to feel like they can trust you. Announce things first, both good AND bad. Let them here the negative from you, not from someone else “breaking” the news and “exposing” you. It gives you the power to take responsibility as well as tell them how you intend on fixing whatever the problem is.
Having access to voice complaints, concerns and testimonials is huge for audiences. They want to feel connected to and heard by you. Even unhappy customers can end up more loyal if you take the time to respond. Sometimes even, it’s worth the time to respond to each person individually and not just in a statement. Let your audience know you care and that they are worth your time.
The increased popularity of video ads comes from the success of YouTube as well as Facebook and Bing jumping on the video advertising train, you can expect video ads to should start popping up in more places. Mobile video and ad spending grew 75%, from $1.5 billion to $2.7 billion, in just one year. (AOL)
Would it surprise you to know that 85% of smartphone internet usage is through mobile apps? Leaving a mere 15% to be websites. Google says that, the average person only uses 26% of their apps daily, while one in four apps are never used at all. (Google) For marketers this in incredibly helpful because it gives them the ability to re-engage your existing users through a Google search. As more and more companies launch apps that have the ability to be intuitive, customizeable, personalized and often more convenient than websites, it is no wonder that people prefer to launch an app, rather than search for the answer via a search engine.
Google, taking it to the next step, is going to indexing the information within apps, in other words, providing deep links in search results. So, if you’re searching for a specific item, the results will include a link to that exact item, the deep link, instead of just the company’s surface page. In essence, this increases customer satisfaction by giving them exactly what they want in one click.