But here’s the question… does follower count ACTUALLY matter?
The answer that seems the most obvious is, yes. These social media stars get paid more if they have more followers. So, if your goal is to be a social media star, sure, you’re going to want to build a large following. Most of us, however, are running our lives and businesses aware of the fact that social media is a powerful tool, but we’re not focused on follower count. We’re focused on results for our business.
- Are the people who go to your site downloading anything or engaging with you?
- If you have email marketing, are they signing up?
- Look at your subscription numbers.
- How long do they stay on your site? Do they come back?
- Check out your bounce rate, return visits, time on page and page depth.
- Are you being talked about and remembered?
- Look at your mentions on different social media platforms.
- Are people reaching out to you and asking you for input, advice, guest speaking, or guest blogging?